Hello Collegiate Competitor!
Here’s a summary of the 2019 National Collegiate Parachuting Championships:
Location: Florida Skydiving Center, Lake Wales, Florida
Practice: Thursday December 26th and Friday December 27th
Registration: Closes Saturday December 28th at 5pm
Competition: Sunday December 29th – January 1st 2020
Banquet and awards: Tuesday December 31st after jumping
You’ll want to read the Collegiate Rules in SCM Chapter 7 and General Rules in Chapter 1. You can download both http://www.uspa.org/Portals/0/files/SCM_ch07.pdf for free.
General requirements: you must be 18 years old, a regular USPA member, a full-time (12 hour) student (or full-time graduate student) at an accredited university, and have at least an A-license, with a unique license number issued before the competition (the stamped A-license progression card is no longer valid). At registration you must present your USPA member card with valid A- or greater license. You also need to provide evidence of your collegiate attendance and credits. For complete details on collegiate eligibility and possible disqualifying criteria, please read SCM Chapter 7, Paragraph 2.2 – 2.3.
Schedule of events: Meet Director (James Hayhurst) will announce the event schedule at the competitor’s briefing on December 27th; however, the forecast can be a major factor, as are surface winds.
Basic Entry Fee: $250 per person. This covers all event expenses, medals, banquet and T-shirt. It does not include the jump costs.
Cost per jump* per person:
- Classic Accuracy/Sport Accuracy: $23.00 per jump (4 rounds).
- 4-way Formation Skydiving: $27.00 per jump (6 rounds) includes air-to-air video.
- 2-way Formation Skydiving: $27.00 per jump (3 rounds) includes air-to-air video.
- 2-way VFS: $28 per jump (4 rounds) includes air-to-air video.
- 6-way Speed Formation: $27 per jump (3 rounds) includes air-to-air video.
- Accuracy: Grand Caravan or Twin Otter
- Freefall events: Twin Otter.
*Higher fuel prices will be reflected in slightly higher entry fees for the different events depending on how many jumps are involved in each event.
- Wiring Info: Email LakeWalesSkydiving@gmail.com for info
- Checks: Mail to Skydive Lake Wales, 440 South Airport Road Lake Wales, FL 33859
- Credit Cards: Call DZ 863-412-7715 (Betty Hill’s cell)
- Twin Otter & Grand Caravan
- Large creeping area
- Video debriefing rooms
- Numerous packers
- Holiday Inn Express
- Lake Wales Suites – Hampton Inn
- Green Gables – Lake Wales
- Prince of Wales Motel
- Travel Inn – Lake Wales
- The Royale Inn – Lake Wales
- Vintage Inn – Lake Wales
- Magnuson Grand Hotel — Code is: SKY – Winter Haven
- Hampton Inn – Winter Haven
- Days Inn – Winter Haven
- Best Western – Winter Haven
- Holiday Inn – Winter Haven
- Manny’s Chophouse, 210 Florida 60 Lake Wales, FL 33853 (863) 678-0370
- Beef O’Brady’s, 19598 U.S. 27 Lake Wales, FL 33853 (863) 679-1975
- Bob Evans, 23269 U.S. 27 Lake Wales, FL 33859 (863) 679-2974
- Chili’s, 23535 US Hwy 27, Lake Wales FL 33859 (863) 676-9500
- IHOP, 740 State Road 60 W, Lake Wales FL 33853 (863) 676-6748
- Kings Burgers and BBQ, Eagle Ridge Mall, 950 Eagle Ridge Dr., Lake Wales, FL 33859 (863) 949-4830
- Lake Wales Family Restaurant, 109 Florida 60 Lake Wales, FL 33853 (863) 676-8799
- L’Incontro Restaurant, 35 Florida 60 Lake Wales, FL 33853 (863) 676-7400
- The View, 4141 Ashton Club Dr Lake Wales, FL 33859 (863) 324-5457
- Sizzling Grill, 21400 Highway 27, Lake Wales, FL 33859 (863) 676-4898
- Crazy Fish, 802 Henry St Lake Wales, FL 33853 (863) 676-6361
- Pizzano’s, 1326 Hwy 60 E, Orange Grove Shopping Center, Lake Wales, (863) 679-1045